Bilbao has undergone a major transformation in recent years. In addition to its famous Old Quarter (Casco Viejo) and its architectural richness in past centuries, in Bilbao there has been a major urban renewal and the work of leading architects that make the city an international cultural landmark.
From the arrival at the airport designed by Calatrava, the architecture of Bilbao surprises us with its blend of tradition and modernity.
The modern underground designed by Norman Foster won the Brunel Award in 1998, while Frank Gehry‘s Guggenheim is the icon of the city and the reason for visiting for numerous architects and art lovers.
During this tour through the architecture of Bilbao we will visit the architecture of international superstars, but we also will discover other less known high quality architectural works.
– Preparation of the itinerary
– Guided tours with an architect
– 01 night in hotel with breakfast
– 02 meals
– Private bus according to program
– Entrance ticket
– Flight management
– Combine with other programs
Urban renovation of the Ría:
– Bilbao subway (Norman Foster).
– La Alhondiga (Philippe Starck).
– Health Offices (Coll Barreu).
– Pasarela Zubizuri (Calatrava).
– Towers Isozaki Atea (Isozaki).
– Ayuntamiento enlargement (IMB).
– Guggenheim’s Museum (Frank Ghery).
– Hotel Sheraton (Legorreta).
– Library Univ. Deusto (Moneo).
– Paraninfo Univ. UPV (Alvaro Siza).
– Euskalduna Congres Palace.
Urban expansion. Leave by private bus for Sondika:
– Nursery School (Arroyo-NO.MAD). Arrive to Barakaldo:
– Centro de Congresos, BEC
– Plaza del Desierto (NO.MAD).
– Lasesarre Stadium (NO.MAD).
– Plaza Pormetxeta (Xpiral – MTM).
– Sarriko Conservatory (Ercilla).
– Housing in la Mina del Morro.
– “La Peña” Sports Center.