World Expo Expedition – Dubai 2022
(connecting minds ,Creating Future )
What is a World Expo?
An Expo is a global event that aims at educating the public, promoting progress, and fostering cooperation. It is the world’s largest meeting place, bringing together countries, the private sector, the civil society, and the general public around interactive exhibitions, live shows, workshops, conferences, and more.
World Expos, officially known as International Registered Exh
ibitions, is a global gathering of nations dedicated to finding solutions to the pressing challenges of our time by offering a journey inside a universal theme through engaging and immersive activities. World Expos welcome tens of millions of visitors, allow countries to build extraordinary pavilions, and transform the host city for years to come.
The first World Expo – the Great Exhibition – took place in London in 1851. The concept became popular and was repeated across the globe, demonstrating an unparalleled power of attraction and a record of world-class legacies. Since the BIE was created in 1928 to regulate and oversee these mega-events, World Expos have explicitly been organized around a theme that attempts to improve humankind’s knowledge, takes into account human a
nd social aspirations, and highlights scientific, technological, economic, and social progress. In the modern era, World Expos are unrivalled among international events in their size, scale, duration, and visitor numbers. They are large-scale platforms for education and progress that serve as a bridge between governments, companies, international organizations, and citizens.
Connecting Minds, Creating Future.
Why is the Expo for you?
The largest event ever staged in the Arab world, set to welcome 190 participating countries and millions of visitors from across the globe. Youth are the heart o
f the World Expo and that’s why Expo 2021 aspires to create a meaningful legacy that will benefit generations to come, both locally and globally. With a focus on social entrepreneurship, this tour will not only leave you feeling inspired by the contributions that others are already making to the world through business – but will also serve as an opportunity for you to consider your own role in creating a brighter future.
Expo Dubai is going to be a game-changer for aspiring architects, Budding entrepreneurs, the human community at large.
It is often suggested that Dubai is one of the world’s most unique cities. And this comes from the amazing landscapes made up of palm-shaped islands and some of the tallest buildings in the world. Its science fiction-style technology, such as its fast-hyperloop and flying taxis,
perfectly illustrates how Dubai reflects the future like no other city. With numerous audacious
projects in store for World Expo 2020, Dubai’s future is very much in its own hands. Here, we look at just some of the reasons why Dubai is such a wonderfully different city, both to live in and to visit.
Often glibly described as an architectural theme park of sorts, Dubai has attracted some of the world’s most high-profile architects in the creation of its skyline. Due to the number of skyscrapers in different parts of this large city, Dubai does look like a collection of city centers, each with its Own towering skyscrapers. Dubai has become the new global icon of engineered urbanism—complete with its Western lifestyle, sandy beaches, a property-rights regime, sleazy cars, and waterfront properties.
Expo Architecture & Design Journey
192 Country Pavilions, Discover Iconic and signature architecture by countries and expo partners. 60+ live events every day, Experience the festival of art and Culture, entertainment in and around the expo site. Explore architectural marvels & Country pavilions designed by some of the world’s greatest architects, Experience signature buildings designed by Santiago Calatrava, Nicholas Grimshaw, and Lord Norman Foster, and discover how preeminent artists, designers and architects find inspiration for their creative practices to tell stories through their works.
With the world as your muse, you will never see the arts in the same way again.
● Examine how the arts, architecture, and design are adapting and responding to environmental and social challenges.
● Consider the social and ethical responsibilities of artists, architects, and designers in the modern world.
● Gather many new sources of inspiration and ideas to fuel future creative works.
● Participatory experience with architectural guides at various country pavilions
● Learn about the permanent art installations curated by leading visionary artists from all around the world.
● Participate in a panel discussion with eminent personalities.
● Learn what the world says about ‘Post Covid Liveability’.
● Learn how architecture will evolve in the next 20 years through the global community.
● Choose from 60+ Live events daily.
● Participatory workshops at different country pavilions
● Visit ongoing Mega construction projects which are one of a kind.
● Guided Architecture tour of Dubai by Local architect
● Visit the already very famous Louvre Abu Dhabi by Jean Nouvel ● Emirati lunch in a traditional house at SMCCU
Day Wise Program Details
Day 1 Departure To Dubai
Welcome by your guide and transfer to your hotel by air-conditioned bus. Check-in at your hotel and overnight stay.
Day 2 Dubai
After breakfast, depart for a general orientation tour of the city by bus from old Dubai along the main Sheikh Zayed Road to Dubai Marina.
Small walk to the Marina, Information on the Cayan Tower in particular, and the construction of the Marina and the new blue waters island, Dubai Eye, and Dubai Harbour projects.
Presentation of the “Palm” Jumeirah, explanation, and discussion.
After Free Lunch At La Mer, a continuation of the discovery of Dubai’s architecture: La Mer, the residential area of Jumeirah, and the beaches of Um Suqeim.The projects ‘The Frame’ (Included ) In the Evening, visit downtown and the Burj Khalifa (124th-floor non-prime hour), access to the panoramic platform for an incredible 360° view of the city. Discovery of the Dubai Mall.
At the end of the day, enjoy the magical spectacle of illuminated dancing fountains.
Day 3 – Full Day Expo Visit
After breakfast, proceed to explore Expo 2021 which will be your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Experience signature buildings designed by world-famous architects from all around the world and Explore designs that blend digital and physical and digital technology.
1) Walk alongside Expo 2021’s permanent art installations
2) Experience the Pavilion’s Dynamic facade that constantly changes through the course of the day. Interact with the real and virtual environment of Korea.
3) Explore design and AI at the UK pavilion, inspired by Stephan Hawking, and designed by Es Devlin
4) Learn more about the iconic AL WASl DOME
Evening for Self-exploration at the Expo Site, free time for Dinner, and Overnight at the hotel
Day 4 – Full Day Expo Visit
Today’s agenda will be a blast from the past.
1) Discover how this space at Expo 2021 allows local designers to work together with each other. Interact and get inspired by the designers.
2) Explore ancient and monumental architectural & AI in Ireland
3) Discover Islamic forms of art in Saudi Arabia
4) Study traditional & modern architecture in Morocco’s pavilion which combines modernity and tradition with a building that is inspired by ancestral methods
Attend a cultural performance by one of many expos 2021 participants.
Evening for Self-exploration at the Expo Site, free time for dinner, and overnight at the hotel
Day 5 – Full Day Expo Visit
Today you will learn more about the Natural world which is one of the oldest sources of inspiration.
1) Combining nature, sustainability, and design in the UAE. Designed by the Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava modeled on falcons’ wings. The wings move up and down to yield sustainable energy.
2) Discover sustainable design at the sustainability pavilion – from the photovoltaic roof to the 18th-floor energy tree, explore how LEED Platinum – certified sustainability pavilion reflects the wisdom of the natural world
3) Learn about zero net energy consumption in Singapore’s pavilion
4) Explore the Kinship between Human and nature in New Zealand – learn the kiwi concept about katakana
Explore a different range of installations, artistic creations, workshops, and performances.
Evening for Self-exploration at the Expo Site, free time for dinner, and overnight at the hotel
Day 6 Dubai – Abu Dhabi – Dubai
After breakfast, departure for Abu Dhabi.
Orientation tour of the city including the futuristic city of Masdar designed by Fosters & Partners, the island of Yas with its Marina, its futuristic hotel, the Formula-1 track, Ferrari World ( Outside) the beautiful coastal road that connects the islands of Yas and Saadiyat.
Visit the Louvre Abu Dhabi by Jean Nouvel ( Tickets Included) and discover the different exhibitions presented.
Departure along the Corniche, with the Etihad Towers and the Sheikh Zayed Mosque at sunset. At the end of the day, return to Dubai along Raha Beach with the unique oyster-shaped offices of the Aldar Building.
Return to your hotel. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 7: Dubai
After breakfast, departure for the offices of a major construction player in the Gulf countries and professional presentation.
Continuation of the visit to the historic district of Dubai. Arab/Emirati lunch in a traditional house at SMCCU (Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Centre for Cultural Understanding, Lunch Included), typical of the traditional architecture of the golf houses, with their wind towers: a unique experience of the life of the inhabitants before the discovery of the oil fields. In the afternoon walking tour in the historic part of the city with the spice souks and the gold souk. Walk in the heart of Dubai’s historic shopping center and its port where the traditional wooden doors are moored.
Free time for dinner at Dubai Mall, Return to your hotel. Overnight stay.
Day 8 – Fly back to your Home Country with a great learning experience.
After breakfast, Transfer to the airport and departure for Europe.