Santiago de Compostela, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1985, is a city known worldwide. Its Cathedral has been the goal of pilgrimages for centuries. The weight of history and its reflection in the built heritage, however, has not prevented its evolution into the twenty-first century.
This modern city has opted for contemporary architecture with works by some of the best contemporary architects such as Siza, Heyduk or Grassi.
During this guided trip through the architecture of Santiago de Compostela we can go deeper into the historical heritage and its management in the hands of the Consorcio of Santiago, and visit the most emblematic works of architecture of the past two decades, such as the City of Culture of Galicia, an architectural, cultural and amusement complex build by Peter Eisenman.
– Preparation of the itinerary
– Guided tours with an architect
– 01 night in hotel with breakfast
– 02 meals
– Private bus according to program
– Entrance ticket
– Flight management
– Combine with other programs
Lecture / symposium in Santiago Consortium (to confirm). Guided tours by architect, among others:
– Bank of Spain (remodeled by Gallego Jorreto).
– Finca Vistalegre’s walk.
– SGAE Headquarters (Antón García-Abril).
– Casa Europa ( César Portela).
– Escuela de Altos Estudios Musicales (Antón García-Abril).
– Natural History Museum (Portela).
– Galician Center for Contemporary Art (Siza).
– Galicia Auditorium (Cano Lasso).
– Facultad CC. Comunicación (Siza).
– CGAC / Pobo Galego Museum – Bonaval Park (Siza- Alegre).
– Multiusos Fontes do Sar.
– Cidade da Cultura (Peter Eisenman.) Cultural center dedicated to the awareness and contemporary creativity.