Take an in depth look af Madrid and its long heritage, with a focus on architecture and art, with the help of one of our architects.
Nowadays, Madrid has an exceptional collection of museums, most of them located around the Paseo del Prado.
Not only are the collections of these museums among the best in the world, but also the buildings that house them have great architectural interest that shows the different architectural eras that the city has gone through the centuries.
Besides being historic buildings, all of them have recently been enabled or expanded by renowned contemporary architects such as Rafael Moneo, Jean Nouvel, Herzog & De Meuron, among others.
Certainly, a getaway focused on large museums is something that architecture and art lovers cannot let go once they are in Madrid. In this 2 days tour you will be able to discover the art and architecture in Madrid by visiting some of the most important and renowned constructions in the capital of Spain. Come along with Artchitectours to Madrid and learn about architecture with a professional guide architect.
– Preparation of the itinerary
– Guided tours with an architect
– 1 night in hotel with breakfast
– 2 meals
– Private bus according to program
– Entrance ticket
– Flight management
– Combine with other programs
Museums and remodeling:
– Atocha Train Station (Alberto de Palacio / Rafael Moneo).
– Reina Sofía Museum (Hermosilla / Sabatini / Jean Nouvel).
– Caixa Forum (Herzog & De Meuron).
– Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (López Aguado / Moneo / BOPBAA).
– Prado Museum (Juan de Villanueva / Rafael Moneo).
Architecture transformation: new art spaces.
– Museum ABC of Design and Illustration; old Mahou Beer factory, (López Salaberry / Aranguren & Gallegos).
– Caja Madrid Foundation (Quanto Arquitectura + Moneo Brock Studio).
– Matadero Madrid, project by Luis Bellido, that was built between 1908 and 1928 and has been recently renovated.