In recent years, the large companies of wine from La Rioja have put great effort into renewing their wineries, in order to adapt the technology and space to the category of their wines.
The results are new buildings that combine functionality and aesthetics, always with wine as the protagonist. Some of the best known wineries have entrusted their projects to the leading names of contemporary architecture, such as Santiago Calatrava, Zaha Hadid or Frank Gehry.
However, La Rioja, with more than 400 wineries, offers a variety of architectural styles, from traditional, excavated in living hardwoods and stone, to the most functional.
In this two-day getaway we will visit buildings, enjoy the architecture and also the wine and cuisine of La Rioja.
– Preparation of the itinerary
– Guided tours with an architect
– 01 night in hotel with breakfast
– 02 meals
– Private bus according to program
– Entrance ticket
– Wine tasting
– Flight management
– Combine with other programs
Visits in Haro, the largest population of Rioja Alta.
– Visit the shop Viña Tondonia (Zaha Hadid) and Viña Real (Philippe Mazieres).
– Visit Elciego, a region in its own unique character. Always associated with the world of wine, it hides a varied heritage ranging from ancient dolmens over 5,000 years old to the most avant-garde buildings.
– Visit the outside of the winery Marques de Riscal (Frank Gehry). Free dinner.
– Ysios wineries(Santiago Calatrava).
– Lunch at Darien wineries (J. Marino Pascual): “Best of Wine Tourism 2009” award in architecture. It provides the essence of the Rioja cuisine based on local produce, with a touch of modernity.